Amsted Rail builds everything from wheels, axles and bearings to brake systems, bogies, bolsters and more. Whether you need components or integrated systems, global tracking technology or performance analytics, Amsted Rail has the answers.
Amsted Rail had a large line of business application responsible for capturing quality assurance metrics on all products before they can be shipped. The solution became cumbersome to maintain and prevented the team from keeping pace with business demands.
- A need to use modern tooling and frameworks to reduce the time investment associated with developing
- Business logic distributed across multiple programming languages and locations making it difficult to identify which tiers of the application would be impacted by a new request
- Lack of unit tests which allowed new features and updates to introduce regression defects on new releases
- Knowing there were risks tied to requesting new features the business became hesitant and afraid to perform releases depending on the scope of the change.
- Development of a new solution using modern frameworks and technologies
- During migration, unit tests were created to improve the quality of the solution by preventing changes from having undetected unintentional consequences
- Multiple sessions with the IT and business teams to review wireframes and discuss each change before it was developed and implemented
- Oakwood built estimates, clearly communicated the technical impact of each decisions, led the task management process, implemented code changes and unit tests
- Constant IT team updates by surfacing risks and issues and remediation strategies
- Demonstrations with business users to iteratively re-align the development with the business
- Established new business goals through the guidance of best practices for application development
- A more flexible solution through the use of modern software tooling and frameworks.
- Implementation of features using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Better feedback with the business led to the generation of a product more closely aligned with the business goals
What Can Oakwood Do For You?
Let us tackle your biggest challenges. Reach out to one of our team members and let’s have a discussion around your core needs. Our unique approach and expertise enables better decision making, streamlined operations, and outstanding digital experiences. Let’s partner together and help you clear the way to new growth and a better work environment.
Oakwood Systems Group is a consulting firm developing positive business outcomes for all sized organizations. We provide a broad suite of solutions including application managed services, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, custom software, digital marketing and data analytics. Since 1981, Oakwood has served over 11,000 organizations globally. Partnering with us offers you world-class technologists to architect, deploy, optimize and support your critical IT, security and digital marketing investment. With numerous industry awards, our proven holistic approach offers best-in-class approaches that create measurable business outcomes.
Get started by contacting Oakwood online here. New business inquiries can be directed to 314-824-3036 Monday-Fri (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central). After business hours, feel free to leave us a message at 800-810-8412. We look forward to serving as your partner alongside your existing IT or Marketing Team, or 3rd party agencies.