As one of the premier data visualization tools for the enterprise, Microsoft Power BI can become an indispensable tool. However, to make the most of Power BI, you must first consider your audience. Here are a few tips to help you build the best dashboard for your business.
- Power BI is a dashboard tool to monitor the current state of your data using the included reports. Make sure to avoid unnecessary information – your users may experience information-overload.
- Dashboards are intended to be used at a glance, your tiles need to be properly organized using the full-screen mode.
- Try resizing your tiles to prioritize key metrics – larger tiles are naturally seen as more important.
- Place the most important metric in the top left corner as it will be where viewers will start using the dashboard.
If you need a bit more help designing your dashboard, here are a few books:
- Information Dashboard Design by Stephen Few
- Envisioning Information by Edward Tufte
- Advanced Presentations by Design by Andrew Abela
Since 1981, Oakwood has been helping companies of all sizes, across all industries, solve their data visualization problems. Everything from designing data warehouses to implementing Power BI initiatives for the enterprise, we bring world-class consultants to move your company forward. Our proven approach guarantees better business outcomes. With flexible engagement options, your project is delivered on-time and on budget.