Finance is not only the keeper of the corporate coin. This group needs to be able to predict the future, assess the lessons of the past, and turn on a dime in response to market and organizational changes. The Finance group has long been accustomed to driving down the road by looking through the rear view mirror; technology can help clear the windshield and create a more proactive Finance organization.
- Expose information in real time or near-real time to finance and corporate leadership so that business-critical decisions can be made quickly
- Streamline business processes, such as purchasing, communication to trading partners, transaction processing, order-to-cash, etc.
- Take advantage of early payment discounts
- Enable integration between financial management systems, billing, inventory, on-line commerce, and CRM
- Allow dynamic reporting on organizational metrics - on demand by user, based on security privileges
- On-line transaction processing for orders, shipments, payments, and credit checks saves time and enables better and more accurate tracking and reporting
- Communicate effectively to the entire executive team with centralized information access, relevant statistics, and important notices
Integrating the IT group into the goals of the Finance group will create a tighter-knit, more effective and efficient organization.