Forbes best midsize employer and “Top 150” international food service manufacturer of industrial, grocery, food service and home refrigeration equipment, with a global network of sales staff, multilingual customer support and service network.
Organization originally inquired about assistance with a Power BI reporting environment, and Proof of Concept for a Modern BI solution to drive transformation.
In the course of that engagement, business leaders and IT executives sought to have a broader understanding of the overall BI environment, and opportunities for Data and Analytics Modernization. This led to a BI and Analytics Strategic Roadmap Engagement.
Executive and operational need for more robust, up-to-date, timely and actionable reporting, both daily operational reports, financial reporting as well as historical, rolling month over month, quarter over quarter and annual reporting needs.
Conversion of existing SSRS and other reporting tool reports to Power BI.
Desire to develop a strategic roadmap for future state analytics and modern BI environment to support current and future business processes.
The Oakwood Data and Analytics team delivered value to this important strategic client in a variety of ways:
- Configured a Microsoft Power BI reporting environment to support multiple users
- Installed an Enterprise Data Gateway to support Power BI Access to on premises data sources
- Configured the Data Gateway to support multiple data sources
- Power BI Dashboard in a Day training
- Additional mentoring and knowledge transfer to the organization around Power BI
- Conducted strategic stakeholder discussions and analysis to understand strategic and tactical BI objectives to develop deeper understanding of client current state.
- Conducted interviews and whiteboarding sessions, as well as envisioning exercises to develop a future state architectural design and strategic roadmap for a future state modern BI and analytics environment.
The organization derived immediate value from the Power BI portion of the engagement through enhanced executive, operational, financial and end user reporting.
Additional value was delivered in assisting the organization achieve a strategic vision for the future through an enhanced data and analytics environment, reporting models and ETL processes. Delivered a current state architectural design document, future state reference architecture, as well as well as a strategic roadmap for BI Program services, Data governance, Technology governance, Integration and ETL strategies, Operational Data stores and an enterprise data warehouse design.
Power BI, Power BI Enterprise Data Gateway, and Oakwood proprietary frameworks and methodologies.